Finaleee

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Kingdom Within

Those of you who know me, know a few things...

One of them - Queen Procrastination. Notice it was April when the blog was created, it is Novemeber at the first post. I started the blog to chronicle the transformation of the '84 Dodge beast I bought. It's still sitting in the dude's yard (the dude I bought it from)...stay tuned for pics - I actually have a few.

Another: long-winded, beat-around-the-bush, take-50-words-to-say-yes-or-no, a little fruity, idealistic, sappy, etc. (A third would be clumsy, as I had to pause to drain the water I just spilled on the keyboard.)

This second item relates to the subject of this post. I had to preface what I'm about to say with acknowledgment of my tendancies and the statement: this aint just smoke and ashes.

I have recently returned from a soul-saving "vacation" down the road (St. Augustine). Kerri the Midwife lives there, and somehow I knew whatever would happen would be what I needed. And it was. I left with a lighter spirit, softer step, gentler voice. And though the feeling lasted only a day or two, I think I know how to get it back.

Meditation. I am going to learn to quiet my grasping mind and dispell my ego. So many things fell into place these past few weeks - the universe aligned to make the evidence undeniable. I have chosen a path. And so far removed from theories I held, so kindred to rules of my experience, this is the way to Truth. To silence distractions, to release attachments, to work hard enough to not have to return to a body - I dont know much yet, and I know it sounds fruity, but Compassion is our true nature, and we do build positive and negative karma, and there is a true-self we deny everyday. I'm going to find it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home